COX Communications Movies in the Park - PARKING ADVISORY
Cox Communications will host Movies in the Park at Reid Park throughout the summer. Cox invites you to bring a blanket or lawn chair and join us for a free movie along with popcorn, soda, food vendors, live music, jumping castles, balloon twisters, and arts and crafts exhibits from area non-profits. All movies begin at dusk (approximately 7 p.m.-7:30 p.m.).
Due to the popularity of this event, parking will fill up quickly. Please make arrangements to come early and use the alternate parking area at Hi Corbett.
What: Movies in the Park
When: Friday, June 20 - We Bought a Zoo
Friday, July 18 - How to Train Your Dragon
Friday, August 1 - Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Friday, August 15 - Night at the Museum
Friday, August 29 - Mr. Peabody & Sherman
Food and activities begin at 5:30 p.m. with the movie starting at dusk.
Where: Reid Park, George DeMeester Outdoor Performance Center bandshell - Country Club and 22nd Street
Parking: Parking at Reid Park is limited and will fill up quickly. Alternate parking will be provided at Hi Corbett.
Sponsors: Cox, Cox Charities, Reid Park Zoo and the Arizona Daily Star
More Information: http://www.saaca.org/Cox_Movies_in_the_Park.php
Attention program registrants
The automated phone system (573-EZEE) is no longer available for registration. Registration will only be available through the Internet at www.EZEEreg.com or you may register live over the phone beginning the Wednesday after initial registration.
Tucson Parks and Recreation has locations throughout the City with public access computers that will be available for use for registration. Locations scheduled to be open during registration Saturdays are:
- Donna R. Liggins Recreation Center
- El Rio Neighborhood Center
- Fred Archer Neighborhood Center
- Freedom Recreation Center
- William M. Clements Regional Center.
Please call 791-4877 with any comments or concerns.
Parks and Recreation Discount Program
Parks and Recreation Discount Program offers a 50% discount for select programs and 25% discount for passes for qualifying participants on specific programs and passes. The program is in accordance with the Department’s Revenue and Pricing Policy adopted by Mayor and Council. The program benefits City of Tucson residents who provide documented proof of city residency, household size and household income.
2014 DISCOUNT-QUALIFYING PROGRAMS INCLUDE: Service Levels 1 & 2 programming
50% discount eligible-programs
- KIDCO (school-year/summer)
- Teen Programs (Jr. Leadership, IBC)
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Group Learn-to-Swim Lessons
25% discount eligible-passes
- Swimming Passes (multi use/seasonal)
- Recreation Center Memberships (Quarterly, Annual, Walking)
- Basic Senior Recreation (activity cards)
DISCOUNT PROGRAM APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Class Registration Services: 900 South Randolph, 791-4877
- East District Office: 7575 E. Speedway Blvd., 791-5934
- Archer Center: 791-4355
- Adaptive Rec Center: 791-5643
- Armory Center: 791-4865
- Clements Center: 791-5787
- El Pueblo Center: 791-5155
- El Rio Center: 791-4683
- Freedom Center: 791-4969
- Northwest Center: 791-3247
- Quincie Douglas: 791-2507
- Randolph Center: 791-4560
- Santa Rosa Center: 791-4589
- Udall Center: 791-4931